Friday, May 31, 2013

At Random

1. Watched The Perks of Being A Wallflower recently. Falling in love with it. A++. Totally recommended! It's been a while since I'm really excited about any movie.. This one even topped the latest Iron Man installation. Love the lead role, he really carried the character well.

2. Alamanda is getting more happening these days. Many of my favorite stores and restaurants are opening their doors here. Earlier this year Uniqlo set its foot here and yesterday was Dorothy Perkins opening day. yeay! I was one of their first customers! haha... this is posing a very dangerous threat towards the health of my wallet. owhhh... What i like about it is that being a new outlet it has every size - my size is sold out in most of the branches! Tips, sign up for the Fashion Forward membership and get a RM30 voucher as well as enjoy 10% discount on all normal merchandise at Dorothy Perkins, Topman, Topshop, Ms Selfridge and Diva. I didnt know that Ms Selfridge is already here? Gotta check that out soon.  
Dorothy Perkins Alamanda

3. I've recently found the secret to cook a delicious Kimchi Jjigae. Yesterday I made the Kimchi Jigae with Beef Balls and it was the best Kimchi Jjigae I've ever made so far. The key is the longer you simmer the soup the better it tastes - minimum 30-45 mins. Also, add some anchovy stock to enhance the flavour. I used the maggi cube anchovy stock. My Recipe:

    Kimchi Jjigae with Beef Balls    
    - saute 2 cloves of garlic in sesame oil for a while and add the beef balls (i cut the beef 
       balls in half), cook until somewhat brownish   
    - after that put in the kimchi, gochujang and add water
    - let it boil for a while and add the anchovy stock
    - simmer for at least half an hour
    - Put in some spring onions and enjoy it while its piping hot!
 

Add ramen/noodles/other vege as u like. I had mine with the udon i bought a few days ago at Jusco. Made enough to save it for today. Cant wait for dinner tonite! Btw, I'm using the bakso beef balls which can be bought from Carrefour / Aeon Big. I think it's just perfect to use these beef balls with any kind of soup.

Kimchi Jjigae with Beef Balls and Vermicelli

Baso Sapi Beef Balls
4. I really have to buck up and complete my research / itinerary for our next trip or otherwise we will end up being lost later which will lead to frustration. Taking a taxi is not an option as taxis there are super expensive! I know I'll be super busy starting next week until right up to the trip but i still can't find the spirit to seriously get into it. Fighting!
http://feel100percent.blogspot.com/2013/05/at-random.html

0 say(s) what??: