Monday, May 6, 2013

Still Alive

I have not said much about politics and the recent elections, but i just have to let this one out of my chest. I'm really happy that the general election is over-regardless of whatever the result was. I really hope that now everybody can just take a step back and just chill a bit. As a citizen, i really really appreciate that we were able to live in peace and carry on with our daily lives as we please and without any fear in our own country. and i pray hard that fellow citizens shares this value as well regardless on which side we are on. Full stop.

On another note, 2013 seems to me like not a good year to travel.. Why la, when i have all my travels planned out for the whole year up to early 2014.... With the bird flu and all, natural disasters etc. hmm. My china trip in June will have to be cancelled. I'm still mulling on whether should i cancel or should i postpone. I have a feeling that the bird flu thing is in for a long haul.

I can still recover the accomodation cost, but with regards to the tix, its a lost cause. I did enquire AA about this, but they said that, bird flu or not, their flights still runs as usual. So no refund or credit shell whatsoever. Kinda unfair, to me. I think its not a wise decision to risk ur health like this-especially when ur travelling with kids. I have learnt that, next time when u book ur tickets, DO NOT pre book ur seat, meals and luggage just yet. Wait until u are really sure that ur going on with the trip. Or otherwise, your hard earned moolah will just go to waste.

Since the captain has applied for leave, he insists that we still carry on with our plans with an alternative destination. We are still undecided. If its up to me, i would love to go on a snorkelling trip, but the captain hates being in the sun. and the sea. Argh... Hope we are able to make up our minds soon so that I we can start preparing the necessary. I'm not one to go on a trip unprepared, kiasu, i know :P

Our next trip later this week is to up north. This time we will be travelling with our extended family and hope everything will go smooth. I've started packing bit by bit since saturday to avoid last minute chaos. keeping my fingers crossed for an uneventful week in the office..!


0 say(s) what??: